Freelance UX/UI Designer (Remote)
Our mission at Halo is to move science forward. One of Fast Company’s 2021 “World Changing Ideas,” Halo’s platform connects scientists directly with companies to bring new innovations to the world. We work with the R&D teams at some of the world's most iconic companies - including PepsiCo, Bayer, Baxter, Georgia-Pacific, Reckitt and P&G - on topics ranging from climate change to human health. Since going live in January 2020, more than 3,500 scientists from 75 countries have joined. We are venture-backed by Asymmetric Capital, Village Global and Anne Wojcicki, CEO of 23&Me.
We are currently in search of a freelance UX/UI designer with option for full-time to help realize our vision as we enter this next phase of growth. You should be passionate about our mission, energized by the challenge and come with a portfolio filled with user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful and easy-to-use. Read on to learn more about what you’ll do and who you are, or check out our reviews on Glassdoor.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our founder and engineering team to align product vision and prioritize feature development.
- Develop a deep understanding and empathy for our target personas and the problems we’re solving for them.
- Translate product requirements and user stories into elegant end-to-end experiences that delight our users.
- Champion an iterative approach that begins with journey mapping, sketches and rough wireframes and ends with high-fidelity, interactive prototypes, while incorporating user feedback all along the way.
- Expand upon our existing design system and work with the engineering team to ensure proper implementation, consistency and scalability.
Who you are:
- You have a proven track record developing innovative designs that are beautiful, delightful and easy-to-use.
- You have experience at a fast-growing startup and/or a marketplace, professional network or enterprise SaaS business.
- You know best practices in design and when not to “reinvent the wheel,” but also when best practices should be ignored and new paradigms explored.
- You're an excellent communicator and can justify design-decisions based on qualitative insights or data
- You appreciate feedback while not being shy to share your own.
- You are resourceful, organized and deadline-driven with a bias towards action.
- You are adept at using design and behavioral psychology to nudge users down a desired path
- You know Figma inside and out.
- You take your work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously! This shouldn’t feel like work because you're inspired by the mission and energized by the challenge.