We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team headquartered in Edmonton, AB. Remote may be considered.
Who we are
Samdesk is a global disruption monitoring tool that delivers real-time crisis alerts powered by AI. We make sense of the world’s most valuable real-time data sources with the purpose to create a safer world. Samdesk recently closed a $13.5M Series A and is proudly headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, with team members in Toronto, London, Dublin and all over the world. We are a growing team of dreamers and builders, passionate about building great products and services. Check us out! www.samdesk.io
The role & who you are
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our product team. In this role, you will be the designer responsible for creating powerful web and mobile UX/UI experiences to enhance our real-time crisis alert AI platform. In this role, you will be responsible for the visual design, usability, and user experience of a platform used by today's Fortune 500 organizations that significantly impact their growing business continuity needs.
You are a talented designer and forward thinker with a high standard for visual design that balances form and function. You know how to take concepts from a whiteboard, to mockups (inclusive of user flows) through to a final design ready for engineers to build. You will spend most of your time with the product and engineer teams; however, you will often interact with sales, customer success, and marketing in a pursuit to design the best interfaces for our users.
Finally, you are someone that embraces iteration and collaboration. We view product, and by extension design, as a continuum. You are someone who takes great pride in team work.
What you’ll do
- Design the samdesk web and mobile interfaces. Preferably in Figma and/or Sketch.
- Work with our Product Manager to design user flows, mockups and designs that help shape our roadmap and ultimately the product.
- Help continue to grow the Samdesk design system patterns through product evolution.
- Collaborate with and support your team to design and build a product you feel genuinely proud
We're looking for someone with:
- 5 or more years of experience in UX, UI, or Product Design related roles. Don’t have this? Tell us why we should consider you anyway.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, InVision, or similar tools.
- Fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs
- Experience working with design systems is a strong asset.
- Motivated by feedback, and the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, & in how you work together as a team
- Must include a strong portfolio of work demonstrating high quality, thoughtful, and meticulous UX and UI work.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with a committed and passionate team of innovators at one of Edmonton’s fastest growing startups
- We view this role as a career building opportunity as you’ll work with cross functional teams and the world’s most notable brands, selling a life saving solution
- Competitive compensation and a health benefits package
- Opportunity to participate in our employee stock option plan
- A seat on the rocket ship 🚀 - buckle up!
You must include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
We look forward to reviewing your application!