Sr. Product Designer (Remote, US)
Career Karma is on a mission to get 1 billion people tech jobs they love. We are backed by industry leaders like YCombinator, Softbank, Initialized Capital, Reforge, among others. Today, we’ve already helped over 350k+ workers navigate their careers. We’re looking for a Senior product designer to work on deeply understanding our users and crafting our growing line of products.
Spread Good Career Karma
Join us in connecting the world’s talent to their next opportunity
- Work from anywhere. We are a fully remote company that values asynchronous work—you can work anywhere, any time. You’ll have the space you need to promote balance in your life
- Grow with a balanced team. We value diversity and inclusion, and we believe representation matters. Join us in promoting voices of all backgrounds as we promote yours.
- Enjoy the ride. We are a hyper-growth company with the mission of empowering a billion people in a decade. Be part of our growth as we continue to scale our impact.
- Innovate for tomorrow. We are engaged leaders who are ready to experiment, iterate, and be resilient as we help workers navigate the ever-changing employment landscape.
- Funded for the future. We are backed by world-class investors with proven records of identifying and funding some of the most innovative companies. With their support, we are able to pursue rapid growth while maintaining a bias toward frugality in achieving our mission.
- Startup, but don’t stop your life. Though we are just getting started, we offer the competitive benefits you would expect from any investor-backed Silicon Valley company.
- Partner with product and engineering to drive design execution of new products and features for our Community and Marketplace teams
- Provide design leadership across all phases of the product development process from discovery to implementation
- Contribute and develop strategies, roadmaps, and execution plans that accomplish the team’s goals while balancing short and long term goals
- Champion design craft, continually evolving processes to be more thoughtful and effective.
- You are passionate about Career Karma’s mission.
- 4+ years of experience in a Product Design role shipping top tier consumer apps
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for designing
- Proven track record executing through ambiguity and collaborating with product management and engineering to ship high-quality products
- Scrappy can-do attitude with a bias for action and a focus on the impact
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- You worked on consumer products building online communities and marketplaces
- Founded a startup or was an early employee
- You have experience partnering with product leaders and teams around the world
- You have experience working with highly distributed remote teams (pre-covid) You have experience managing remote design teams
Apart from a competitive comp & equity, here's some more:
- Work from anywhere
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- 401k w/ company match
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, subsidized rates for family coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $5,000 referral bonuses for growing our CK Team
- $1200 annual professional development budget
Press about us
Career Karma $40 Million Series B Announcement
Forbes Article Series B:
HBS Case study
Statement from our lead investor, Garry Tan
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
© Career Karma Inc. All rights reserved, Career Karma is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: Career Karma will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.