User Interface (UI) Product Designer
UI Product Designer
Cardinal Financial UI product designers, architect the future of home financing by maintaining and continuously evolving the functionality of Octane, our proprietary home loan application. Epic, right?
Brand & Customer Experience
Anywhere, U.S.A. (Remote)
You appreciate impeccable design and a frictionless user experience. You’re a fan of innovation. Pushing the envelope. Challenging what has always been to create what will be. You’re equal parts imagineer and builder—capable of taking the project requirements baton and running at full speed to bring beautiful, intuitive, and functional interfaces across the finish line. You value convenience and automation—when wielded responsibly. You understand that in order to appeal to users, you must first feel for users (it’s called empathy, hello). And, most importantly, you’re resourceful, collaborative, and a good person.
Feel something? Keep reading.
What you’ll do
- This is a unique opportunity to work directly on the user interface for Octane, our proprietary home loan application.
- Apply user-centered design to create impactful digital solutions.
- Enhance our design systems, create UI patterns with front-end developers, and champion their consistent implementation.
- Execute component design and management, page layout, and design cleanup to meet brand and style guidelines.
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines, expectations, and a good healthy lunch schedule for yourself.
- QC your own work within a staging environment.
- Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to design leaders and developers.
- Report to the VP, Web Product Management, and work closely with leadership, the Mortgage Technology team, and all relevant stakeholders on the full design process.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of UI/Visual Design work experience.
- Experience creating wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes.
- Experience working with and maintaining a product design system.
- Working knowledge of Adobe and other programs including but not limited to XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, and Google Suite.
- The ability to think empathetically, challenge mobile-first design for complex web applications, and decipher the needs of each screen.
- Presentation skills to showcase your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- A broad understanding of branding and product design best practices.
- Project management and time management skills.
- BONUS: Experience working in an agile environment and a working understanding of CSS/HTML.
What you’ll get
- Paid holidays and vacations.
- Work-life balance (but actually).
- Professional career growth opportunities.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) with employer matching. The works.
Working here. It’s a vibe.
Show up, do great work, have fun, enjoy life. At Cardinal Financial, we understand that our people make this place what it is (and they also fuel the product we put out into the world, by the way). That’s why we’re committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive culture; one where team members can collaborate, unite around a common goal, and take pride in doing the best work of their careers. We are genuine, hard-working people who aren’t afraid to raise the bar and push beyond what’s “good enough,” because there’s enough of that out there.
Join us—you’ll feel it.
Cardinal Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and aim to empower individuals and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. The expected base salary for this position ranges from $73,800 to $116,400 depending upon the experience and skill set.