Vice President of Social Video
The Daily Wire leadership team is expanding and we’re currently searching for a new Vice President of Social Video to join our Marketing department and work from our newly developed offices in beautiful Nashville, Tennessee!
The Vice President of Social Video will provide strategic direction to maximize monetization of the Daily Wire’s social video program. A successful candidate will be a production-savvy project professional responsible for stewarding, scaling, and innovating the creation of compelling social media deliverables across brand channels and original titles in support of growing brand awareness, subscriber acquisition, and platform revenue for The Daily Wire.
At Daily Wire, we’re tenacious, nimble, intellectually curious, data-driven, unafraid, eager to take great ideas and test them, and we move FAST! It’s this approach that’s given us a competitive advantage and has garnered us over 100 million monthly page views, over 1.5 million active email subscribers, and a total social media following of 30 million.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the newest critical addition to the Daily Wire leadership team and promulgate the mission of the Daily Wire brand through Social Video, we want to hear from you!
- Lead Social Video team (talent, producers, and editors) in the delivery of revenue-generating video content on all social media channels
- Manage social media video production to ensure prioritization, alignment, quality, and efficiency that quickly responds to current news cycle and other viral/ trending content
- Own performance marketing strategies in line with organizational priorities, ensuring videos receive appropriate promotion to relevant audiences
- Develop and produce trending/viral original content series within community standards
- Source and develop new series concepts into new content categories beyond political commentary
- Determine revenue and brand growth opportunities on emerging channels
- Establish dashboards and report on the Social Video Program performance regularly
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Requirements:
- Nashville, TN -based position (working remotely is not an option)
- 5+ years relevant work experience in Film/Entertainment, Direct-to-Consumer, and/or Digital Media
- Previous experience working in film or streaming service preferred (ideally 2+ years)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media, Business, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of various streaming business models (AVOD, SVOD, TVOD) and extensive knowledge of the Direct-to-Consumer and/or streaming services space
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to work flexibly across departments as well as manage internal and external partners in a dynamic environment
- Excellent people-leader skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced and high-energy work environment
- Interest in and/or familiarity with the political and editorial news landscapes
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative suite
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- G-suite proficiency
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Start date: Immediate
Employment type: Full-time; Exempt
Compensation: Dependent upon experience
Benefits: Health insurance options (medical through Blue Cross Blue Shield; dental and vision through Guardian); Paid Time Off; 401k (5% match)
To learn more about Daily Wire, please visit the following Daily Wire Facebook and YouTube page links:
Daily Wire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: Daily Wire participates in E-Verify and performs background checks on all new hires. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization.