Senior Designer, Interaction
We’re adding a Senior Interaction Designer to our team
We are excited to be growing our team of experienced designers to help us keep with the diverse design, strategy, and development challenges of our clients around the globe.
Why you'd want to collaborate over Zoom with us
With a culture of collaboration, a talented team roster, and several office pups, the One Design Company team is active in the creative community—endlessly interested in what’s next and generally pleasant to be around. The pandemic has prompted us to ask our team to work remotely until we can all safely return to the office—but even though we’re not in the office now, we will be in the future. We’d even say we’re very eager to see each other again!
We’ve called Chicago our home for over a decade, nurturing strong roots in local art, design, and development communities. From small, regional, and boutique organizations to some of the largest companies and brands globally, the range of work our team engages in is varied, dynamic, and exciting.
At One Design, we strive to achieve a representative, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that the best work results from a team with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences—and we encourage all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ability, religion, etc., to apply. Last but certainly not least, we celebrate individuals with a multidisciplinary approach and a deep passion for their work.
Here’s who we are looking for:
One Design is looking to add a Senior Interaction Designer to our team. Impressive design chops, a keen eye for solutions rooted in sound strategy, a true passion for user-based research and design, along with a genuine love for the industry, makes for an ideal candidate and colleague.
The person we want to join the team should be open to working as part of a collaborative design and development team iteratively delivering software.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Learned about an industry that was previously new to you
- Lead and participated in interaction design and strategy activities on projects, including (but not limited to) client workshops, brainstorming activities, design definitions, and visioning exercises
- Planned and conducted user-focused research to develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how users interacted with the experiences you and your team designed
- Researched and applied accessibility standards to your design work
- Communicated and articulated the value of user experience through your work and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions to the team and client
- Reflected with your teammates on project process, surfaced team strengths and root causes of issues, and executed on ideas for action
Here are some other things we are looking for:
- 4+ years experience in a visual design/art direction role
- Strong skill set using Figma (our primary design tool), Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and any other tools you may use
- Experience designing/planning for design systems and data sets
- Strong conceptual and visual problem solving skills
- Passion for typography, color, hierarchy and branding
- Values and responds well to feedback
- Able to prioritize multiple projects from start to finish
- Great communication skills, especially written communication
- Basic understanding of ADA compliance
- Respect and strive for diversity, inclusion and equity both at work and in your designs
- A solid understanding of Agile development principles and practices
- Is proactive and has efficient time-management skills
We ask a lot of our people—but we give a lot, too. We offer a competitive salary with full health benefits, matching 401k, unlimited time off and other paid leaves to support individual or family needs, flexibility in work schedule and location, and an inclusive and inspiring work environment.
All interviews will be via video chat, with the Director of People & Culture and the Creative Director overseeing Interaction projects. We generally do 2-3 rounds of interviews, but when we reach out, we’ll let you know what to expect along the way. Our goal is to make an offer in March 2022 with a start date as soon as possible.
We prefer candidates to be in the Chicago area, or open to relocating. Our team is working remotely in the near term, but we'll be back in the office again in the future. Despite the preference for a local candidate, we welcome and encourage applicants outside of Chicago to apply. Additionally, we are unable to provide sponsorship to applicants who require or will require a work permit.