Perry Street Software is Jack’d and SCRUFF. We are two of the world’s largest gay, bi, trans and queer social dating apps on iOS and Android. Our brands reach more than 20 million members worldwide so members can connect, meet and express themselves on a platform that prioritizes privacy, security and community.
Perry Street employees receive the best perks out there – great benefits including a 401k plan with employer match, comprehensive healthcare coverage, paid parental leave, fully remote options and a flexible vacation policy.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize UX research methods such as usability testing, surveys, and customer interviews to assess the user experience and design
- Facilitate product visioning for SCRUFF and Jack’d by usability testing, surveys, and customer interviews, sketching, and prototyping experiences for the apps
- Identify user and design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences across a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Make thoughtful and strategic design decisions that realize broad, conceptual ideas for our 25 million users worldwide
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate your design rationale
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is high-quality and performant.
- Contribute to building a quantitative and data-based decision-making culture
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ask questions, take risks and champion new ideas
Who you are:
- 5+ years in a UX design role
- An exceptional portfolio showing smart, thoughtful design work through wireframes, sketches, and user flows
- Demonstrated experience designing mobile consumer software. This includes not only shipping prototypes, but also experience iterating on existing products in versions 2, 3 and beyond
- Experience developing or contributing to a design system, such as a HIG, for a given app or company
- Experience using modern UX/UI design tools such as Figma, Principle, InVision, and/or Sketch
- Experience with Adobe tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model (e.g. remote developers), to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX/UI and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
Perry Street is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.