Senior UI/UX Designer
Do you have a knack for turning big ideas into functional, beautiful products?
Play a major role in the visual design and experience of Breakout Clips. We’re looking for a designer who is comfortable with both UI and marketing design who is aware of and able to use design to help users comprehend complex video editing features.
The video editor market is dry and boring, and ripe for a change. It lacks joy and personality. You're tasked with changing that. We want customers to use Breakout Clips and smile. Design for video marketing should tell a story. We want someone who fully understands and embraces that.
Who we are
Breakout Clips is a fast-growing video SaaS platform (100k+ users in one year).
Our mission is to make creating high-performing video ads easy for all businesses.
Our team is fully remote, with bases in London, Amsterdam and Cape Town. We have worked with companies such as Disney, Marvel, L’Oreal, Facebook, Tiktok and Snapchat.
Apply now if you're interested in joining a young, creative start-up environment working on an exciting project where innovation is always encouraged.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be responsible for taking big ideas and concepts, and strategically refining them into functional, user-friendly product features inside our platform.
You'll be responsible for:
- Designing exceptional products. You must be able to combine strategic thinking with beautiful design.
- Partnering with the team. You’ll collaborate daily with our product manager and developers.
- Deep thinking. You will perform deep research and brainstorming sessions to come up with unique solutions to hard problems.
- Heading up design. You must be comfortable leading the entire UI/UX design process, and present your concepts clearly.
To qualify, you need:
- Experience in product design. You need to have a minimum of 3 years of experience in product/interactive design under your belt. You need to showcase a sharp eye for details, and know how to take an idea/concept and turn it into something amazing.
- Figma wizard. You need to consider yourself a Figma whiz.
- Cross-platform understanding. You need to understand how a user interacts on desktop vs. mobile, and design accordingly.
- Dynamic team/communication skills. You’ll be expected to communicate daily with the product manager and the development team.
- Motivated learner. We want someone who is always looking to grow their skillset, to always be pushing the boundaries, and staying on top of trends.
- Strategic thinking. Design is not enough. You need to be able to take a hard idea and strategize ways to turn that into a wonderful user-experience.
Your job will involve turning very hard problems, into simple processes for our users.
If you enjoy remote working, and want to join one of the fastest-growing video SaaS platforms in the world who has worked with companies such as Disney, Marvel, L’Oreal, Facebook, Tiktok and Snapchat - please apply!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Why Breakout Clips?
- Breakout Clips is a young, super-fast growing company, with a small group of highly talented individuals, with experience building $100m companies.
- We are passionate. We wake up every day excited to serve our customers and look for opportunities to grow the company.
- Our entire team works remotely, and you’ll be able to do the same.
- Lots of training opportunities, including paid courses and conferences.
- Competitive compensation.