Senior Product Designer - Web
As a product designer, you will work closely with design, product, and other key stakeholders to create impactful experience for our users. We are looking for someone who is excited about leveraging thoughtful design to drive product direction, cares deeply about affecting global change, and gets excited about tackling new challenges.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the food system--we hope you'll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Deeply understand our customers and their workflows in order to design user-facing tools for our iOS platform;
- Run an end-to-end design process from user research to high-fidelity prototypes and mockups in order to build products that create value while inspiring adoption;
- Work directly with our customers in the field to understand their needs and validate product direction;
- Collaborate with the other members of the design team and cross-functionally with Product Management and Engineering to realize our product vision;
- Help to establish and maintain a design language and toolkit that will be used by the entire team and company.
What skills or experience do you need?
The following represent the skills and experience our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 6+ years of full-time end-to-end product design experience
- The desire to dive into an industry with huge problems and opportunities in an effort to drive transformational change
- Proven track record and portfolio demonstrating the ability to design successful user experiences
- iOS design experience
- Command of HTML/CSS, or another presentation-layer framework (nice-to-have)
- Great communication skills and inquisitive disposition
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law