Graveflex is a software design and development agency looking for a talented UI/UX designer to join its team in Chicago, IL. As a UI/UX designer you will be gathering product requirements by talking to users and project stakeholders, and translating them into wireframes and clickable prototypes for user testing. You will then take wireframes and build extensible UI components and design comps ready to hand off to front-end developers.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A mix of UI/UX design backgrounds
- Strong visual design skills with the ability to create new look and feel as well as push existing designs into new spaces
- 2-5 years experience working in an agency environment.
- Proficiency designing in Sketch or Figma and prototyping in invision (or comparable platform)
- Familiarity with adobe creative suite for raster and vector asset creation
- Experience designing for web and mobile
- Working knowledge of creating requirements, UI/Functional specs
- Working knowledge of the creation of user stories, personas, segments, mental frameworks
- Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles
- Experience working with product management and engineering teams
- Working knowledge of ADA standards and practices
- Working knowledge of Design Thinking/Human-centered Design
Nice to Have Knowledge of or Experience in:
- Planning/conducting user research
- Gathering and Interpreting data and qualitative feedback
- Conducting site audits and landscape and competitor analysis
- Determining information architecture and creating sitemaps
- Conducting usability testing
- Experience with the product development process (agile and waterfall)
- Front end or back end dev, WordPress, html5, microinteractions/animation
- User-centric, User-advocate mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, independent and reliable working style
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Desire to learn and grow as a designer
This job requires you to sit for long periods of time, repeat the same movements, use your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. This job also requires the ability to write, speak, and read in English.
Graveflex is a team of designers and developers passionate about making professional software products for a range of clients. As a small agency, we have many opportunities for professional-growth and collaboration. We are housed in a historic loft in Printers Row in the South Loop. When we are not working on a project, we’ll be watching cyber-punk movies or playing retro video games.
We advocate for a healthy work life balance, including negotiable work from home days and PPO health and dental insurance.
**We are working in a hybrid model during the pandemic, but you will need to be able to come to the office occasionally when it is necessary.***
Additional Application Instructions
Please email our Hiring Manager Keely (email@example.com) your resume & portfolio along with 2-3 times you can be available to meet for an interview via video call.