Do you know what Yat is?
If you don’t, then how did you find your way here? (we’re beyond excited you’re here)
So first, a brief rundown to either get you up to speed or give you a little more info about what we’re all about at Yat. First off, we love our community (Yat🤝our community). We have a passionate group of creators who pour their time and energy into using Yats as a vehicle for self-expression (think of it as hieroglyphics for the modern age). They create emoji internet identities that they can use across every chat app, social network, metaverse (and beyond), and that we consider beautiful works of art with profound messages.
It’s really about connecting to the universal language of visual representation in a whole new way, one that celebrates individuals, community, and everyone’s right to privacy in the digital realm. We don’t want to say we’re changing the world, but yeah, we are.
We also happen to be one of the fastest-growing consumer products of all time (👑 us) and as such needs an incredibly talented team dedicated to making sure it’s continued 🚀from here on out.
Now for a bit of background. Yat is the brainchild of Tari Labs, a digital assets-focused blockchain organization that believes privacy on the internet should be pervasive and available to all, co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). And in case you’re worried about funding (stability), Yat is backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, and Slow Ventures (as well as some of the best investors in the world).
And who are you? Well, we’re hoping you’re someone who takes the exceptional and exceeds it, who rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty, and who wants to take a step outside the ordinary to create a world that’s more beautiful, fun, and privacy-oriented.
As the Senior UX Developer, you will work with our design and front-end teams to build gorgeous user experiences.
Have a look at our Yat creator dashboard. Notice the dozens of user delights. The glow changes behind the yat as the rhythm score changes. The checkout and close buttons playfully interact with the mouse cursor. The input field handles text, emojis, and graphics seamlessly and intuitively. If you dig in a bit further, have a look at the Yat Visualiser.
- You are a rockstar designer that has made a slight or heavy shift over to coding.
- You live for making AMAZING experiences that look equally good on web and mobile.
- You'll love working with other world-class designers to make your joint vision a living, breathing reality.
- You love the nimbleness of the startup environment and are capable of dealing with the pace and change that comes with it.
- You have an eye for quality and detail (e.g. you spotted the typos in this JD, which initially annoyed you, but now know were just part of the test).
- A background or qualification in digital design with a portfolio of dazzling creative output.
- 1+ yrs experience in ReactJs would be a huge advantage,
- Otherwise, 1.5+ yrs experience in vue.js or Angular is required.
- 5+ years combined design and coding experience. 2+ years of coding experience is a big plus.
- Organized, able to be self-managed, and able to collaborate across teams spread over multiple time zones.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What You'll Do:
- Build pixel-perfect, fluid, and delightful UIs across the web and mobile interfaces. You take the designs to the next level, adding value during the implementation.
- Work with a front-end engineer to build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- 100% Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one.
- 401k program
- An Oculus Quest 2 - Our All Hands meetings and Engagement events are done in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your own work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That's all to say: these job listings are approximations! If you're a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you.
We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn't a 100% fit, don't worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.