CAD Drawer/ Designer
WHO ARE WE?
Maktive is a multidisciplinary event production company. We are experienced designers in lighting, sound, staging, video, media content, and graphic design.
We utilize these dimensions to create ultimate entertainment experiences that fit the clients needs. Our passionate team lives for producing the perfect event in the eyes of our clients. We possess the equipment and talent to operate on a wide spectrum of production needs.
Most of all, we truly enjoy putting on events! This motivates us to fully satisfy the desires of our clients, so they never get anything less than they deserve. We are looking for a motivated CAD Drawer/ Designer to join our growing team!
The CAD Drawer/ Designer is responsible for creating detailed 3D site plans for all Maktive creations. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies a passion for both dance music culture and design space. If this is you, please read on!
- Prepare detailed, multi-layered 3D CAD drawings for all experience elements for festivals and concerts
- Help create shop / fabrication drawings as needed to support our fabrication shop
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained on every experience plan
- Learn the standard site plan layout for all festivals to help accelerate the site plan development process
- Create drawings with measurements for placement of site items and be onsite during festival load-in to confirm accurate placement
- Be able to specify a series of points or select an object to find the enclosed area and other geometric information from objects such as distance, radius, angle, and volume.
- Prepare capacity studies for the entire site and for specific stage audience areas as requested
- Create and build tech packets for each stage and event to supply to the team prior to show
- At least 3 years’ experience in 3D CAD work, ideally in outdoor applications
- At least 3 years' experience using Vectorworks
- Live event experience a definite asset
- Leadership experience
- Strong in both task-oriented & overall big picture
- Strong understanding of prioritization in a demanding & fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in organization and multi-tasking on projects pertaining to numerous shows at once
- Ability to identify and solve problems in efficient manner
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet multiple deadlines cohesively
- Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, strategic and marketing information
- Open to traveling and working events on the weekends or holidays
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & Google Drive (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
- Must be motivated with an “Everything is possible” attitude
- Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
Please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio or other relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through our Indeed listing posted