9 Count is a mobile technology company led by people who have built and exited several companies, including musical.ly (now known as TikTok). We are a team of ~50 people with offices in LA, Kiev, and Taipei. Our vision is to create the world’s best place to connect. Our flagship app, Wink, helps people make new friends from all over the world. Wink has been the #1 Social Networking app in 10 different countries, and it has more than 700,000 app reviews worldwide, connecting millions of people per month.
You can find Wink at getwinkapp.com!
We are growing and are looking for someone to join us as a Product Designer. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is seeking to make a big impact on rapidly growing consumer products.
- You’ll create gorgeous interfaces, with a high standard for both UI and UX, that users across the world will love.
- You know if a product is strong or misses the mark. You get excited about design and development. You use the product yourself on a daily basis to get in the shoes of different customers.
- Develop ideas, prototypes and high fidelity designs that contribute to our product vision. Leverage prototypes for user testing and validation.
- Thoroughly explain issues and solutions so that anyone in the company can understand, both in writing and verbally.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure your designs are implemented to a high standard, and be the ultimate source of truth for design related questions.
- You get excited about both new features and fine-tuning existing UI
- You don’t take design feedback personally. You understand the first design you make will most likely not be the best solution, so you’re excited to show it to people to get feedback sooner rather than later.
- 5-7 years experience in product design, preferably with a focus on social products
- Have a strong design portfolio to share
- Proven ability to grow a consumer app is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile sprints and Jira
- History of delivering fast-paced design deliverables
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid time-off
- Quality health benefits
- Great office culture
- Amazing office with free lunch and snacks
- We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
- We are biased toward action and ship product features very fast and very often
- All of us at 9 Count strongly encourage people of all races, colors, national origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, gender expressions, and ages to apply. We don’t discriminate!
Be sure to include a link to your portfolio - applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
9 Count is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.