Senior Product Designer
As a product designer, your informed point of view about UX makes for strong, empathetic, human-centred decision-making. You see problems as puzzles, and your favourite thing is putting them together. You practice world-class design excellence by not only delivering best practices but exploring new territory to refine and regenerate – taking stakeholders on the journey with you. You’re a great communicator who thinks critically and creatively, but visuals are your preferred mode of operating. You go above and beyond to understand how people think and act – that’s why creating experiences that people love is what you love to do.
YOUR MISSION IS:
- to break new ground, push boundaries and inspire others with your outstanding work.
- able to show experience in UX
- an expert in digital product design
- meticulous in your execution
- no stranger to iteration and testing
- a killer communicator, in every respect
- curious and perceptive
- flexible and patient
- organised and resourceful
- able to take direction, and take the lead
- make decisions at the intersection of product and business
- mentor generously
- persuade and rationalise like nobody’s business
- stay connected and in sync while working remotely
- a thirst for good work
- a growth mindset, to say the least
- a deep, nuanced understanding of (read: love affair with) design process
- a strong ability to strategise and frame problems
- willingness to take, calculate, and rationalise risks
YOU HAVE SKILLS IN;
- Creative Suite
- Google Workspace
- meeting / workshop facilitation
YOU’RE PARTIAL TO:
- flexible work hours
- work BFFs
APPLYING TO WORK IN A JOSEPHMARK VENTURE
About diversity: JM knows better products begin with diverse teams. That’s why we strongly (see bold and underline usage) encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
About qualifying: If you’re reading this and thinking, “oh no, I only tick a few of those boxes so I’m not going to apply.” Don’t be silly. If you’re a standout human, we won’t care that you play squash like a newborn giraffe. Ya feel?
About remote work: While we prefer a Brisbane or Los Angeles-based designer for this specific role, if you’re a shoo-in poised to bring the noise, we could find a way to make it work. Don’t let location stop you from applying if you’ve got your heart set on it!