Senior Art Director (Digital)
Narwhal Digital is looking for a Senior Art Director with excellent visual design skills. People who thrive in this role are multi-disciplinary designers who feel at home in all parts of the process, playing a key role in strategy, user experience, and branding. We believe great work is not done alone, constant collaboration across our entire team is essential for our creative process. At Narwhal we pride ourselves in doing meaningful work for great clients. We are fueled by our collective passion for design, genuine relationships and continuous laughter. Growth here is limitless. We embrace diverse backgrounds and skills and cultivate our people to pursue their passions. We’re committed to our employees and help them advance. This is an opportunity to define and reinvent the digital space, and a passion for doing just that is critical.
Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of designers, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be themselves.
Senior Art Director duties and responsibilities:
- Lead an end-to-end design process. Contribute visual ideas as research. Express strategic ideas through design. Communicate the rationale behind your work. Make it beautiful, and (most important) deliver what users need.
- Establish a brand vision that is informed by research, connected to business outcomes, and driven by you. Present to clients with support from the team.
- Conduct research. Participate in user interviews, and gather inputs throughout the process. Design new activities as goals dictate.
- Plan interfaces and prepare wireframes
- Explore complex problem spaces with an open mind. Feel comfortable with ambiguity. Generate multiple solutions and make strategic product decisions in partnership with a team.
- Sweat the details. Impeccable execution and deep care given to all aspects of design, large and small: strategy, messaging, brand, colors, typography, icons — everything.
- Create new design systems and solve problems within existing ones
- Communicate clearly. Share daily status with teams. Deliver concepts to clients. Show excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that build strong relationships.
- Love (and evolve) the process. Follow established practices and invent new ones. Evolve our process to be more thoughtful, effective, and accessible to all.
Senior Art Director Skills and Qualifications:
- Multiple years of experience as a lead designer
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems through elegant design
- An extraordinary portfolio
- The capacity to work on multiple projects concurrently
- A storytelling-first approach
- A keen eye for detail
- A deep familiarity with contexts, screens, and device capabilities
- Curiosity...about everything
- A positive outlook, without ego
Nice to Haves:
- Experience prototyping in After Effects, Principle, Invision etc.
- Experience building out Lottie animations
- Webflow build experience
- Motion graphics/motion design experience
- Know an uncanny number of Sketch quick keys