Sr UX Designer
The Nerdery is looking for a Sr UX designer to join our team. Bring your special sauce to our fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. This role will cover a broad spectrum of practice areas including: interaction design and user experience- bonus points if you have some visual design chops as well. Multidisciplinary UX designers really stand out over here! We strongly emphasize user-centered design methodologies, so an ability and desire to justify design decisions with supporting research is a must.
Note: this position is REMOTE. We're open to candidates located anywhere in the US, as long as you're willing to work CST timezone.
Please attach your resume to the online application in PDF format and upload or provide us with a link to an online portfolio of any interactive work you've done.
- Ask strategic questions to understand business and application requirements, build out user tasks and goals from there
- Plan and execute design methods such as stakeholder workshops, user research, prototype tests, usability tests, iterative design sprints, etc.
- Create interactive prototypes
- Communicate with our clients while creating deliverables
- Think critically
- High aptitude for learning/ growth
- Strong communication amongst Nerdery team
- 4+ years experience designing responsive Web applications
- 1+ years experience designing native mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, OmniGraffle, Sketch, etc.
- 4+ years experience as a UX designer