Senior Product Designer
As Senior Designer, you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of design projects at Lightspeed: research, interaction design, user experience design and service design as well as internal development projects, innovation proposals and related special project activities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning projects from start to finish, leading UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore merchant problems, content mapping, sketching, wire-framing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews to improve the customer experience;
- overseeing user research and testing - from interviews to surveys to card sorting to unmoderated tests - we give you all the tools and autonomy you need to do the job well;
- providing feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team, helping your teammates to build contextual, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our users. You will encourage high-quality work without sacrificing speed;
- working closely with our global product design team designing for cross-product, cross-platform foundational features, leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of team members focused on specific merchant workflows and actions;
- working closely with product management stakeholders, you will reach a shared vision to identify and define new features, collaborating with our UX researchers;
- collaborating with internal disciplines like engineers, product managers, researchers, and front-end developers to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help these other disciplines understand what the value design can bring to a project to ultimately build and ship the best product.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- You have experience designing, documenting, and releasing user-centric products;
- expert-level understanding of user experience and interaction design for native mobile and web applications;
- a deep understanding of the end-to-end, iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions;
- proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc. and have experience with Design systems.
A little bit about you:
- You love the idea of being part of a global team with an open, inclusive, and creative environment;
- you have a strong portfolio that tells a great story and gives insight into the decisions you’ve made during your product creation process;
- you practice user-centric design and are laser-focused on improving the user experience with an existing and new functionality;
- you are passionate about solving problems while balancing all facets of the user experience (strategy, research, UI and UX design);
- You have a deep desire to own your work from start to finish, working diligently to improve every facet of the product, while understanding the benefits of collaboration and compromise
A hint of what’s in it for you:
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders;
- exposure to modern and proven technology;
- lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the flexibility to work remotely;
- opportunities to learn, expand your skill-set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.