Senior UI Designer
L2D is looking for a multidisciplinary designer capable of crafting unique interactive experiences, digital brand executions and amazing digital products, all with an eye towards user experience best practices, client needs, and brand guidelines. This Senior Interactive Designer will collaborate with the Art Director and the rest of the design team to craft a range of innovative, digital projects.
The Senior Interactive Designer at L2D will assist the Art Director in guiding the design team through the process of creating everything from complex, data-heavy websites to groundbreaking immersive XR experiences. This individual’s role will include developing digital UX strategies and interaction designs across a wide variety of digital delivery methods—desktop, mobile, physical, and XR. They must have an understanding of current design trends while not succumbing to them when they don’t work in concert with goals of the client or project.
Our team comprises individuals who work together with empathy, honesty, tenacity, and humility. We use daily collaboration and constructive criticism sessions to create innovative design systems with the purpose of realizing our client’s goals. Additionally, the design team works closely with the administration, content, and development teams to bring these systems to life. A positive attitude, a desire to innovate, and an honest appreciation for your colleagues is paramount for success in this position.
What We’d Like To See
- 5+ years of planning, designing, and overseeing the implementation of successful user interfaces for medium to large clients
- A truly creative user interface design portfolio that considers both client requirements and user experience best practices
- Experience working with teams to create products that consider both innovation and usability. L2D is highly collaborative and requires that this candidate will not just listen but also do their best to anticipate the needs, concerns, and input from teammates across departments
- A sense of self-direction and intrinsic desire to take the initiative. Not in overstepping bounds, but in doing whatever is necessary to help our production pipeline operate effectively
- The ability to communicate about your work and your decision making, all with an open mind towards beneficial collaboration
- The ability to both give and receive constructive criticism with grace
- A strong command of UX best practices, design systems and color theory, and web typography
- An excellent understanding of Figma and various tools from the Adobe Creative Suite
- A basic understanding of the process and tools used in front-end development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
Would be Nice
- If you are in the Chattanooga area
L2D opened its doors in 2007 as a design studio that specialized in Flash-based, interactive web solutions. Since then our team has evolved into a globally-scoped firm that assists clients with the strategy, design, and development behind complex web, physical, and XR interactive projects. We have partnered with Google Jigsaw, Facebook, Microsoft, The Atlantic, The North Face, SERVPRO, The FBI, The Department of Energy and many more to create jaw-dropping interactive experiences. We are proudly located in the “Gig City”, Chattanooga, TN.
We believe that in order to operate successfully, L2D must maintain the highest level of personal and professional integrity, and provide an unmatched ability to solve complex design and development challenges with elegant efficiency.
We achieve this by trying to adhere to the following tenets:
- To maintain an environment that fosters healthy professional growth by encouraging innovation, sponsoring collaborative effort, and recognizing individual contributions
- To promote a culture that aims to treat colleagues and clients alike with dignity by putting the well being of others before our own