UX Designer II
XCell was born out of a passion for using the power of digital media to transform organizations in ways that build up our communities. For us, Human-Centered Design isn’t just a trend or tool; it’s a way of looking at the world. Our impact on people are front and center at all times.
We work in small, fast-paced agile teams that use Design Thinking to help Government, Non-Profit and Educational organizations solve complex processes or systems.
Our vision is to impact the world through interactive media. We do this by creating experiences that inspire. We are deeply integrated with the heartbeat of our local communities. By impacting the life of one individual (end-user), we are laying the foundation to inspire the world.
What it looks like:
We are looking for passionate UX Designer II. To serve on a Government Product team whose goal is to improve the adoption and implementation of Human-Centered Design within the Agency. The goal of this team is to serve as an “in-house design agency” to Product teams. Helping each team identify and implement (deliver) design techniques to mature or scale their products or services.
- Use various Human Centered Design (research/workshops) techniques, to help the team obtain empathy for the direct user community.
- Lead design workshops, research sessions
- Produce quality research artifacts including personas; journey maps; user and task flows; wire frames; sitemaps; and clickable prototypes; with oversight from design leadership
- Work closely with clients to design and build low to high fidelity Wire frames/interactive prototypes
- Design clean high end digital products from conception to launch
- Work closely with developers to through the development process (design handoff)
- Ability to communicate design artifacts to team, stakeholders and users.
- Collaborate with product managers/designers, engineers and clients to identify the best experience that meets user, business, and technical needs.
- Present work to clients and be able to accept and respond appropriately to feedback
- Work directly on Agile Development teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with ever changing project demands
What we are looking for:
- Team players that wears empathy on your sleeve and champions the user's direct needs.
- Someone always willing to learn and grow in their career field
- Strong communication skills with the ability to break down complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- Experience working in an agile team
- Experience designing for accessible (a11y, WCAG, 508 Compliance) digital products
- Many of our federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
- 6+ years experience (Have a degree, certification, or equivalent) work experience showing aptitude with UX Design career field.
- Experience with design tools (e.g., Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite etc.).
- Excellent core interaction design skills with knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability.
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and overcome time constraints to produce design proofs of concepts and/or concept prototypes .
- Ability to communicate (complex) interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills.