We’re a small friendly team that specialises in creating user-led digital experiences, products, and apps. We believe that meaningful and memorable products are best delivered by small, cross-functional teams, where regular collaboration and support helps to forge trusted friendships. People come first, and it’s because of this approach that our clients choose to work with us.
We’re comfortable and confident with venturing into new business sectors, whether that’s working with blue-chip organisations or new to market startups. Solving problems with design and technology are what we do best.
The role would suit someone with between two and three years of customer-facing experience as a UX designer in an agency, a startup, or a similar digital product organisation. It may also suit someone who’s looking to move into digital product design from a similar role.
The role involves working with the team across a range of our client projects, against our lean-ux principles. Typically, this starts a discovery where we build the client relationship, and introduce design sprint workshops which include; research and development, strategic concept development, and prototyping.
With the support of your team, you’ll help to progress the prototypes within the alpha phase adding style and form to the function with creative UI design, helping to build out and deliver the product according to the roadmap.
You’ll receive on-task training throughout your first three months in the role to help introduce you to the team, our clients, and our processes.
- Designing thoughtful and accessible user interfaces for digital products
- Storyboarding, wireframing, and creating interactive prototypes that can be tested with users, then refactored based on feedback data
- Planning and facilitating design sprint workshops alongside our Head of Product, within which you will conduct user interviews and discovery activities to understand how we can best the meet users needs
- Collaborating with our engineers to ensure that user interface and user experience design is implemented to a high standard
- Contributing to our design and delivery processes, refining areas you feel could be improved in line with emerging technologies and trends
- Working across a range of project types that may require different UX approaches within a multi-skilled team environment
- To have fun, inspire others, and be a part of the culture that we’ve helped build
There’s an opportunity to:
- Be involved with technical aspects of product development and holistic decision-making processes
- Help other team members improve their work within project retrospectives, and by providing team-wide constructive feedback
- Upskill your toolset by learning new skills such as front-end development, and general software knowledge
- Introduce new tools that will help you and the team deliver exciting and productive products
- Widen your understanding and lead workshops such as Design Sprint 2.0
- Work with the team to scope a response to briefs within the commercial aspect of the business
Working with us
We’ve been working as a hybrid team for over two years, with small offices in London and Barcelona, the majority of our work is conducted online using the latest tools such as Adobe CC, Figma, Miro, Slack, Google workspace, etc. As a member of the team, you will be required to meet in person with the wider company team for a minimum of one day per month in our London office.
- 24 days holiday plus an additional 1 day per year of service beyond the second year
- Flexible working, we run a hybrid team
- Bi-annual JAMs hackathon, a three-day workshop to build your own ideas hosted in Barcelona
- If you would like a change of scene from working in London and want to work from the office in Barcelona then we will pay for your flight
- An annual personal development budget of £1,000
- Company-wide bonuses for meeting annual targets
- Bi-monthly show and tell events for industry awareness
- MacBook with admin rights and the software you need
- And our summertime party
Depending on experience the salary for this UX Designer role is between £32,000 and £42,000 per annum, which will be reviewed annually in line with performance.
How to apply
As well as your CV, we’d love to hear about your work or anything that shows off your strengths and interests. You can apply by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org