Visual / UI / UX Designer (Remote)
About Center Health 💡
Center Health is a healthcare company dedicated to helping people with diabetes better manage their blood sugar through Aria, the world’s first fully AI based diabetes coach which has already helped thousands lower their blood sugar 2x better than human coaching.
Our system is built around the Center Health app, which is designed to help anyone centralize their data and find trends in their diabetes ✨ The Center Health app also integrates with our Nano and Duo blood glucose monitors, FDA-cleared devices which allow patients to test their blood glucose levels straight from their phones! 📱
We're supportive of remote work - in fact our entire team works remotely, spread across the US and Europe!
We’re not your typical medical technology company — we’re a group of people who have all been personally affected by diabetes, either because we have it ourselves or are close to someone who does. We got tired of the lack of innovation in diabetes and decided to start Center Health to bring the best possible products to people with diabetes so that they can focus on living their best lives! 💖
Position Summary 🖥️
We're looking for an enthusiastic designer who enjoys crafting beautiful UIs, print products, and web graphics. As a Designer, you'll be responsible for helping own and shape our brand identity seen by millions of people. You can expect to work on,
- Mobile and web app UI / UX design (this where you'll spend the majority of your time!)
- Motion graphics
- Packaging design
- Physical product design
- Printed materials
- Social media content
- Slide decks and informational documents
Your Skills and Attributes ✨
- You can't help but think deeply about design for everything you see
- Your creativity leads you to take bold, thoughtful risks
- You're able to distill complex ideas into simple ones
- You're detail oriented and strive for excellence
- Bonus: you have a personal connection to diabetes
Preferred Qualifications 🔥
- You have a jaw-dropping portfolio with an emphasis on stunning mobile UI and UX designs
- 3 years of production-level design experience
- Extremely accomplished in Figma, wireframing, and mobile UI/UX design
- Extremely accomplished Photoshop
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent visual acumen, storytelling abilities and design instincts
What's it like to work at Center? 💙
You can get a feel for Center's culture with our company mission and values.
We place a high value on ideas and independent thinking. We believe that the best products are built with as many perspectives as possible, and encourage all team members to take an active role in the process and share ideas both big and small.
- Communication is incredibly important. Asking questions is encouraged, and clear and meaningful answers are pursued.
- We have a flexible working environment. Apart from attending meetings, we trust our employees to be productive on a schedule that suits them.
- We place a high value on learning and personal growth. Everyone has weekly 1:1s with their managers to discuss how they want to develop and for them to offer feedback on the product and company.
- On a company level, we run blameless RIPs (Really Insightful Postmortems) whenever something goes wrong, and conclude most projects with a retrospective to draw out any lessons on how to improve.
So, what do you say? 😎
If you’re interested in joining Center as a Visual / UI / UX Designer, please send us the following to join(@)center.health
- Your resume
- A link to your portfolio
- A short cover letter introducing yourself. This doesn't have to be more than 2 or 3 lines.
- Tell us, what is the most beautifully designed non-technology product you've seen, and why? Answer doesn't have to be more than 1 or 2 lines.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Center Health encourages applications from people of all ages, races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities ❤️