UI / Visual Designer
About us –
Grab Labs is a rapidly growing Santa Monica-based tech company. Through a close partnership with Twitch, we create interactive extensions and campaigns for Twitch's Sales and Original Content teams. Since kicking off the partnership in 2018, Grab has been working closely with the largest brands and agencies in the world to drive their advertising strategies on the platform. Our goal with this position is to further build out our internal suite of products to empower creators, viewers, and brands. We’re a diverse group that loves gaming, tech, music, (e)sports, and cat pics on Slack!
Check us out at: https://grablabs.com/
About the role –
We're looking for a full-time designer to join our cross-functional team. This position will work closely with our UI/UX Director on a variety of fun and smart projects for the streaming space. Since our typical product roadmap moves quickly and includes a wide range of products, our ideal candidate has a keen, intuitive design sense and is willing to learn and bring new ideas to the table.
At Grab Labs, you’ll design highly visible products, work alongside an experienced team, and push the boundaries of what users are used to experiencing with live content! Together, we’ll bring best in class interactivity tools to the top influencers and events on Twitch and beyond.
- Design web and mobile experiences that are playful, clean, and intuitive
- Take new features from ideation, to wireframes, to design, to production
- Work on a small team to iteratively improve user experience
- Generate screenshots and create promotional materials to showcase our extensions on Twitch extension gallery, our website, and social media
- Produce polished designs quickly for small projects with quick turnaround, often with only one or two feedback rounds
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Daily collaboration with Design, Engineering, and Product
A little about you –
- 3+ years of professional UI/Visual Design experience with strong design-focused portfolio
- Experience designing appealing and cohesive consumer-facing layouts for web and mobile
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with both engineering and product teams.
- Strong eye for type and color
- Strong problem solving skills and understanding of user needs
- Fluency in Figma, Adobe CS
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of technical constraints
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
This too? –
- Interest or experience in gaming and/or streaming
- Coding experience
To apply –
LA-based candidates are preferred, but we’re flexible. We have been working remotely this year and will continue to do so, but we will likely be working from our Santa Monica office in some capacity soon. We’d love for you to join us!
If you think you would be a good fit, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and portfolio.
Candidates who do not include samples of their work will not be considered. Thank you!