Senior Product Designer
US Mobile is on a mission to revolutionize connectivity. Imagine a world where you can go into a single app and buy terabytes of data for every one of your devices: phone, smart devices, car, home broadband, and more. That’s the future that US Mobile is building: a software platform built truly for the 21st century and the age of 5G and IoT, with world class engineering, best-in-class user experience, and features that will define the next generation of connectivity.
At the core of it all, we have a team and culture that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 500 best startup employers in the US. Our team spans diverse backgrounds, cultures, and stories, with employees coming from 20+ countries.
We're a venture-backed company entering hypergrowth, having recently ranked 94th on Inc 5000's fastest-growing private companies in America, and we’re looking for someone exceptional to join our team.
In this role, you’ll be the hero of our story — connecting dots across our brand and shaping, defining and owning a unified user experience journey across all interactions. Not only will you be responsible for the overall strategy and implementation of service design, but also you’ll optimize the entire experience, You’re truly at the center of it all. You have the opportunity to shape everything.
We're a growing fast and we're looking for someone exceptional to join our design team. The projects we are working on are amazing, and we're looking for talented Product Designer to meet the exciting technical challenges we face. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious product designer with an entrepreneurial bug; This position just might be for you.
You will be a part of a team of talented individuals who are just as passionate about supporting one another as they are about US Mobile's Vision. We operate in a high accountability, high expectation environment where the goal is always to produce the best solution. Honesty and willingness to accept and respond to feedback are critical.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the design process, including interaction and interface, for new products and features
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to know what is possible and how to have the most impact
- Present designs as necessary to stakeholders, design team, and management
- Develop prototypes, screenshots, wireframes -- whatever gets the job done
- Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs
- Validate your designs through A/B testing (working with product management) and/or qualitative user research (either yourself or working with a UX researcher)
- Maintain, update, and improve the existing design component library
We are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of previous experience working in product design at a tech company or startup
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing usable interfaces and interactions
- Ability to autonomously and continually improve the quality of our products
- Experience with consumer web-based products
- Demonstrably skilled at visual design, and interaction design (IxD),
- Familiarity working with researchers and a/b testing to evaluate designs
- Prototyping with tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Principle, etc.
- CSS & HTML
- Mobile experience strongly preferred
- Advanced prototyping / code
- Design for responsive / adaptive / progressive web apps
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Phenomenal health coverage, gym discounts, software discounts
- The fast pace and agility of a venture-backed startup
- All the hardware/software/equipment you need, customized however you like