Product Designer (UI/UX)
MindFi's mission is to build positive and productive workplaces with greater mental wellbeing. Through our family of apps and services, we're helping companies to build a more mindful workplace culture for their employees around the world, gives them access to practical and relevant wellbeing tools, connects them with supportive peers or professionals, and helps employers and leaders to develop more sustainable people-centric programs and policies.
MindFi (YC S21) is a fast-growing technology startup managed by a team of technology veterans from Silicon Valley and Asia, backed by prominent VCs & angels and our products have been featured by Apple, BBC, Forbes, SCMP.
As a product designer, your mission is to deliver simple, beautiful, and effective product experiences that users love and that deepen their relationship with MindFi’s products and brand. You will work directly with colleagues in Product Management and Engineering to conceive of and realize user-centric, user-friendly experiences. We follow a bi-weekly scrum development process and use tools such as Asana, Slack, Zeplin, Figma for product development.
- Conduct product discovery by learning from customers and users and investigating user experience design requirements for our mobile app and web app
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand
- Develop and test user needs, interaction flows, prototypes and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assets
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in designing interactive mobile app experiences at product-driven companies, not design agencies. B2B experience will be great.
- Adept in UX best practices and foundational interaction design principles
- Must have a design portfolio that demonstrates UI work with modern design principles for web and/ or mobile platforms.
- Have a passion or active interest in mental health or wellness and good knowledge of mobile apps in this space
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and lead teams through brainstorms and workshops
- A keen eye for detail and craftsmanship while also considerate of deadlines and constraints
- Self-motivated and takes initiative to be part of the project. Understand that “done is better than perfect”.
- Hands-on designer who is able to create clean, high-fidelity mockups, flows, and prototypes often with ambiguous requirements
- A degree in Interactive Media, Industrial Design, Product Development / Management, or any related field, is preferred but not required