Junior Product Designer
At The Brigade, we clarify the now and look beyond tomorrow to help our clients solve their most significant business challenges and uncover new ways to thrive. As the most senior individual contributor, you’ll have an immediate impact on the team, serving as a leader building digital products and innovative design solutions for clients ranging from private to public, non-profit to startup, small business to enterprise. You’ll contribute alongside team members while also playing a pivotal role in elevating work and ensuring project success.
Work closely with clients like The Washington Post, Spotify, Waze, Google, and a laundry list of innovative startups to translate a complex array of business goals and strategies into thought-provoking product experiences.
You are optimistic, resilient, well-organized, and ready to support the team while broadening your conceptual and technical skillset. Folks with collaborative design chops who can adapt to new challenges with aplomb and are ready to up-level are encouraged to apply. You’ll bring strategic thinking, impeccable taste, and creative design solutions for clients.
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
What to expect and what we expect
- Excited to contribute and grow your visual design skills throughout the project lifecycle, collaborating with your team to design and build products you’re proud to have in your portfolio
- Work independently and follow creative direction, bringing meticulous attention to detail to all aspects of your work
- Take personal responsibility for thoughtfully crafted solutions that adhere to Brigade and client standards (and are delivered on time)
- Uphold and advocate for high-quality standards on your projects; and when unsure, are humble and proactive in requesting support, direction or feedback
- Iterate proactively on design ideas and solutions, always ready to up-level your design process, thinking, and skillset
- Participate in internal design critiques, reviews, and share your ideas
- Effective, professional collaboration
- Collaborate on designing considered brand systems and original product creative informed by strategy with empathy and craft
- Strong communication skills, confidence in your work, motivation to grow, and a thirst for feedback
- With guidance, balance design principles and business needs to uncover powerful user experiences
- Proactively stay on top of design trends and best practices as well as develop a deep, conceptual understanding of client businesses and related markets
- Be curious and brave; you embrace ambiguity and client briefs, tackling complex problems under the guidance of leadership with grace and aplomb
- Experience as a product designer at a digital product agency or consultancy
- Demonstrated mastery of UI/UX principles, interaction design, best practices, and common design tools
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills
We create a supportive, challenging environment that encourages each of us to grow and push our creative output. You’ll work with rad, self-motivated, and insanely talented people who love collaborating with each other. We value our relationships over projects and that is seen both in how we build client relationships, but also in how we take care of the team.
- Competitive Pay
- Generous PTO
- Awesome coverage on us for individuals, partners and family
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to work strategically with clients, explore new spaces
- 401(k) with matching