You're looking at yet another sidebar, however in this case it's not navigation but rather a quick way to view a list of active and inactive reports.
2 months ago
The colors are good and pleasing to the eyes. Everything looks clean. Here's what I think needs a bit of work:
1) Align the text well so that it's easier to scan.
2) Icons are disproportionate. Some of them tiny (green), medium (dark blue) and large (blue).
3) I'm not sure what the circles mean below Technician On-site.
4) The gray on the search doesn't fit well with the blue. Make the colors more together.
5) The top 2 giant items take too much space, I'm pretty sure you can save about 20px overall by condensing a little. Ideally, it should be in harmony with the other menu items.
@Meng To The feedback is much appreciated! I knew something was wrong with the structure of the text but I'd been in a tunnel there for a good 24 hours.
#3 Each report follows a 4 step resolution process that I was hoping would make sense here in the sidebar after seeing larger, similarly color-coded version when reporting a problem. That is to say, this is just a tiny visual representation of something larger seen on 2 other screens of the app.
I'm going to play around with it a bit and see if I can't improve on it - the first step of which will be changing them from dots to rounded squares.
by David Klawitter
Restructured the page a bit to keep a consistent flow of text. And since the ability to "track a problem" won't be frequently used I *hid* it away.
2 months ago
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter