First round, looking for some feedback :)
4 months ago
It's super cool, but I find the line weight difference between the mountain and science world distracting.
The pup, dome and banner are looking great.
Here is a random list of things I would try tweaking
- Cloud on the left seems like it's styling doesn't quite fit. Perhaps too organic vs geometric, not sure :)
- Maybe have the small cloud cast a shadow on the mountain for kicks.
- Snow cap on the mountain doesn't feel right. The V line seems too pronounced and cramped.
- The second mountain is too camera shy, show a bit more of it.
-Stroke thickness on the mountain might look better with the thinner stroke because it's far away. (maybe just the interior lines)
-"The City of" seems uncentered
-Try a drop shadow under the banner (like the one inside your beige circle)
-Might be fun to put "B.C." in the water
Humble suggestions :)
Man @Andrew Willis hit a bunch of good points. I like adding a shadow below the banner. I also feel like it's really top heavy, maybe move the banner and everything down a bit? Also feels heavy on the top right, maybe pull the mountains and dome in a bit?
I love it though, great start, great look!!
Not enough hipsters.
I'M FROM VANCOUVER!!! ... Wait... Vancouver... Washington... nevermind :( Nice work!
LOL @Pat Dryburgh
Here are a few things that jumped out to me (some where already touched on):
1. The dog. It doesn't fit with the city to me. It's cute but it adds nothing to the motif. There is just nothing "Vancouver" about the dog. It may be nice to ditch the dog and extend the mountains across the piece, behind the Expo center.
2. The Expo center should really be centered as it's almost an anchor to the piece and having it offset makes it lack uniformity and cleanliness.
3. The lines on the clouds are too hand drawn and rough for the rest of the piece, whose lines are quite exacting.
4. The curvature of "The city of" is off.
5. Lastly, the font on Vancouver isn't doing it for me.
Hope that helps.
Vancouver is rainy. (At least it is now)...
Nice job overall, though I agree with the points made above.
Vancouver font may be problematic in small sizes. overall a refreshing look for a city logo.
Outstanding love this color so much!
Vancouvers name is too long.
Good points so far; I agree the dog seems out of place for Vancouver. I also feel like there's a improper use of depth; some elements are flush against each other, others have subtle shadowing, it would be nice if the layering were a little more organized.
I really like the pup. I would also like a baby orca :)
This is NICE.
Love it! Wish we had one for Newcastle :D :D
love it! so nice! ^_^
by Meghan Robichaud
Thank you guys *SO MUCH* for all your feedback! I tried to take in as much of it as I could & address all your comments in the time I had. I couldn't make any major changes (start up life: if it ain't broke, don't fix it kind of thing).
3 months ago
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter