I am continuing with the creation of this new set, now I'm now up to 300, most likely I will update this set with the addition of new icons sometimes.
I still have to prepare the web page of this set :/
Attached the full image.
10 months ago
In love. Well done :D
Thanks :D @Vee-O
Thanks @Pasquale Vitiello
Why do you copy my icons?
You realize that you will be contacted by my layer.
@Oliviu S. I'm sorry but I have not copied exactly. You happen to have the exclusive icons with the circle? I do not think it is ... then they all have copied by you or the opposite?
You made same mistakes i did. So this is copying. No problem. You will talk to our layer soon.
@Oliviu S. We can talk all you want, the problem does not change.
1. I know what my mistakes are the same as yours?
2. I built the icons with a base 32px for the circle and 16px for the icon inside, something you do not seem to me that you did.
3. If you want I can also send the file in .AI with 300 icons so you see with your eyes.
This is the image with a grid:
I don't believe @Alessio Atzeni has copied the icons. Yes there is a similarity but It would be crazy to call it a copy just because they're inside a circle. And you should wait until he completes the set & releases before you threaten him to go legal. He isn't making any money with them yet, and maybe he'd just release it as a freebie. In either case, you gotta wait it out.
As per the icons, they look great. Great job @Alessio Atzeni. You might just change the border thickness & color (good that they're flat) before you make them live, just in case, you know.
@Arun Pattnaik Thanks, I also proposed to send the icons to him so he could see theme, but i have not had no answer.
My original intent was to create a set of icons free and paid version with font-icon available.
Now I feel stuck in continuing the project after these insinuations.
This icons style on the web is full, so I'll see how to proceed.
@Alessio Atzeni I don't see any reason for you to stop development, unless you've actually copied the icons which I know you haven't. :)
All the best for the release mate. Keep up the good work.
@Alessio Atzeni Love the icons. They're awesome.
And for the point that @Oliviu S. has made, I want to tell that there's no copying at all because:
1. Both of your styles match i.e the circles and icons inside but @Alessio Atzeni icons are completely different. See for example the heart or world icon. So no copy.
2. Now if @Oliviu S. tells that no one else can make icons with that circular style, but who is he to restrict a designer from doing that. Does he own a copyright over that style? I don't think so.
3. Some icons may match. For e.g facebook. The F glyph will match if both icon sizes are same. Now with the F glyph two designers unknowingly choose a base of rounded rectangle of radius 2px, then the two icons will exactly look same. Is this copying?
4. @Oliviu S. Many of your icons inside the circle can be found from internet. LIke the microphone, the home icon. So I will tell you have copied it. @Alessio Atzeni has made this point very clear giving you examples. So where's the legal or illegal matter arises?
5. At last, I would request @Alessio Atzeni to continue the set & make it live. There's no problem, even if you make profit out of it. So Cheers :)
9 months ago
Big props on the icons! I don't see a copy here... that's absurd... They are similar yes but exactly the same? Nope!
Going by that logic it would mean that all the metro icons are stolen/copied from Microsoft.
Anyways.... @Alessio Atzeni Great job again and thanks!
8 months ago
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter