by Ryan Downie
decided to give this ago like everyone else.
over 1 year ago
by Alex Wright
Thought I would give my take on what I would like the Twitter UI to be like. What are your thoughts? View @2x for more awesomeness.
Awesome idea, I'm going to rebound. It's nice to see other designers from New Jersey on here :)
over 1 year ago
@Ari agreed! Nice to have a fellow NJ designer haha. Do it up! looking forward to it.
by Anthony Aubertin
Hey for my first shot @2x I decided to do a rebound of @Cat Smith shot! Inspired by the @Sven Read style. by the way @Sven Read deserves more followers and more likes!
by Chris Smith
Had a little spare time to have a go at rebounding this little twitter interface :)
by Daniel Eden
I wanted to stick to Twitter’s actual design with this, but definitely wanted that Direct Messages button somewhere more accessible.
Reasoning behind a few other tweaks:
Dropped “View my profile” – most users will know clicking on a name or avatar links to their profile anyways
Bigger numbers – a bigger ego is a healthy ego. Right? Or something like that.
Bigger face – who doesn’t want a big ol’ face?
One last thing, and I say this because I thought about it while I was browsing the other rebounds of this shot: why do people jump at the opportunity to dramatically redesign an interface? You have no idea the processes that were involved to lead to the original design. Ideas you’re trying may well have been tried and lead to a dead end. Don’t assume your idea is original or better. And definitely don’t be afraid of criticism that your idea is actually worse for users than the original.
That’s all. I hope I don’t start a flame war by saying that. It’s all part of the ongoing unsolicited redesigns debate.
EDIT: this took me much less time in HTML/CSS than it did in Photoshop. Check it out.
by George Wood
Nice idea for a play off! I've kept it nice and simple with this one!
- I barely use anything on Twitter other than mentions and compose tweet, therefore I didn't see the need for anything other than these and DM's to feature.
- I've kept the notification's nice and simple by just using a white circle, this would disappear when there are none.
- Also the compose tweet button when clicked on would pop out an input field to the left which would disappear once you have submitted the tweet.
by Stano Bagin
by Zander Brade
So I thought I'd rebound this.
- I wanted to strip back a lot of the features. Keep space. This is more of a notification center than anything else.
- Tweet, Mentions, Messages, Settings. I guess you... guessed.
- I was thinking about adding numbers for the notifications, so along with the blue highlighting a tag to show the amount. It seemed unneccessary, though I'd love your thoughts on this one? Because in my eyes it just seems that the number of mentions/messages/etc is irrelevant, as you'll be scrolling through them anyway.
- As I was uploading this, I saw Dan's shot and considered adding a new tweet field below, alike Twitter's current functionality. Maybe next time.
by Sultan Tarimo
just for fun.
by Daryl Ginn
Stalk this guy.
by Maciej Jasiński
i liked this brown-green style, so once again a little something :)
by Edin Vejzović
My try on the twitter profile thing, tried to make it as clean and as easy for the eyes as possible (the blue button is actually hovered). What do you think ?
Also follow https://twitter.com/RasonDesign
by Tobia Crivellari
As I promised to Lady Cat, here my rebound! I hope you like it :-)
by Andy Peninger
Because everyone's doin' it.
by Devin Ruppert
Thanks for the inspiration @Cat Smith. Icons are from Batch by @Adam Whitcroft
by André Givenchy
My 2nd rebound to @Cat Smith Twitter Interface. Did this one as a tribute to the success of the playoff and I was feeling inspired so here is the outcome.
by Rick Neary
by Mike Busby
Thought I'd give it a go. My first rebound.
Make sure you check @2x :)
by Ted Goas
Better late than never. PSD attached.
Congrats on this hyper-successful playoff, Cat! Might add my two cents later on as well ;)
Congrats on all the rebounds, I know you didn't intend it! (I posted mine before you changed the title, feels good ;p)
http://dribbble.com/shots/653862-Twitter-Widget I've done month ago :)
Hahah sweet! Thanks for posting that @Daykiine ⟁ Love it!
@Newar & @Jona thanks so much!
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2014 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.