A test render of a new logo.
about 1 year ago
Curious: Is that a Blender fluid or an organic object you've modeled? I'm guessing the latter but haven't seen/used fluids in Blender. Looks good!
Fluids are nice, but in this case, I wanted very specific control over the shape, but it's more than just a hand-modeled mesh...
Here's how it breaks down:
- The "water" is just a box.
- Each spline on the box has an edge weight of 1.0
- I've added a subsurf modifier (level 5). The edge weight keeps it from becoming a circle - it just greatly increases the polygon count, non-destructively.
- Then, a wave modifier was applied to warp the box.
- Finally, there is a boolean modifier with an invisible box to slice off the edges and make it appear contained.
Also, the wave has two surfaces shaders - one for the top, and another for the sides.
Nicely done! Glad I could follow the explanation too :)
You followed all that? Awesome. I was worried that I was getting too technical in Blender-speak.
I have a little Blender experience but filled in the rest from my days in Maya :)
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter