I wanted to push my imagination and after watching netflix with my daughter online I wondered what a desktop app might look like for netflix or even a better UI approach to their current online app.
This was a fun project to keep pushing my creative juices.
Used Hipcons on this - http://www.gethipcons.com
over 1 year ago
Love it dude!
Looks pretty good :)
My suggestions would be:
1) Remove the borders from the movie covers. The images create their own borders/boundaries.
2) Make the next/previous arrows less intrusive. I'd make it to where the arrows are thinner (not block style) and remove the line wrapping around it. It's already obvious that it's inline with the section you are viewing.
3) I'd remove the gradient from the logo and the menu item below it. I'd also try a darker grey for the dark areas.
4) Alignment and spacing could be tweaked in some areas. Notice how your star ratings/more button are closer to the edge. The dark box doesn't match the padding presented in the lighter boxes above it. There are also some px issues where the text/icons are not perfectly in the middle. I can spot these on the "More info" button, and the plus icon in the "instant queue" button.
5) Perhaps the search field might be suited in a area with more horizontal space? Inline with the logo is an option. Right now, the text in it feels very small and cramped.
@Axel Norvell - thanks for your comments and suggestions. I appreciate the feedback and will take it all under consideration.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter