We sliced and built the last design, to find that most of the people we showed found the background distracting. That feedback led to this version. We lost the tilt on the photo mosaic, kept it in accord with the document grid, pulled it out of the background and into the flow and used more of the 'chapstick' red.
Let me know what you all think. I'm keen to hear feedback.
9 months ago
Looking good, mate!
A few things:
• Show off that logo more—it's got so much character, it'd be a shame not to.
• Does the 'Drop in today' link to anywhere? Looks like a button to me.
• Will there be any kind of movement on the feature panel images? Would be cool to have them sliding through.
• Not sold on the 'What's happening' font—plus, you need to get that apostrophe in there, and probably an ellipsis, too
• Line-height (leading) on post titles is a bit large.
• The vertical space between the post items should be the same as the gutters.
• Perhaps fade out the divider line at either end between the titles and the copy.
• LASTLY, give the bottom half some more of the red love!
Just my thoughts. Have at 'em! :)
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter