Just a personal project to keep my skills up. I fancied something a little similiar to Spotify/rdio but with a much darker interface. It's still a WIP and I still need to add assets like control buttons, etc.
Thoughts would still be appreciated tho, and a full version is attached.
about 1 year ago
Looks great so far!
• I'm not sure how numbering each track benefits the user?
• You have two time indications, one on the track and one by the seek bar at the bottom. Do you think you need both?
• Maybe separate each track with a line to make it more obvious you can tap the tracks to play them?
I really like the stacked albums top left. Would be cool to be able to drag those out to see the other albums!
I actually prefer to see the track numbers, but I wouldn't mind if they were muted compared to the track title.
Good comments both...keep them coming. My thoughts:
1) Tracks numbers are an established part of music display, and are shown on pretty much all music players. I also prefer them, but like the idea of muting them out.
2) Good point about the time display. Have removed the track version
3) Have added dividers - Good call Jack.
Edit — Deleted because I'm a moron.
Will look at that...but yes, Spotify does include them..they're slightly muted to the left of the track.
@Mike Beecham You're right! Desktop versions do.
Nice work! Loved the subtle texture and the "Similar artists" section with fading covers.
My humble thoughts:
1. I have a bit of a prejudice against the Mistral Std font for the title. Maybe that's because many bus companies and hairdressers in Brazil use it. But that's personal taste. =P
2. The alignment and spacement of both bottom sliders and both timers (current and total) made my brain oddly process that the left slider was related to the current time, and the right bar was related to the total time. Of course, this was a one-second impression, but it introduced some noise in the overall perception. Maybe if you align the volume bar to the left and use a speaker icon, this won't be an issue?
Loving everything.... except the font used for 'sonata' :D Beautiful work though. Maybe one day I'll get there!
I'd say the plus and star on the highlighted track could be reduced in size. They seem giant compared to the text size.
Thanks for the comments guys...keep 'em coming!
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter