! ! See attachment ! !
In few words:
1. Cloud sync - Dropbox & GIT integration.
2. Focus mode - lets you fadeout parts of the code that you don't need to see. You can fadeout whatever parts of code you want with whatever indent level. Everything with keyboard shortcuts.
3. Hundreds of keyboard shortcuts to make your life easier and to let you code faster.
4. Tens of built-in bundles, like zen coding, like better CSS shortcuts, etc.
5. For front-end devs: Simple PSD Editor - no more switching between your code editor and photoshop. Now you will be able to crop and slice images within your code editor. It supports PSD layers (and blending options in future)! It automatically saves your crops to your images folder (or whatever folder you want).
6. For back-end devs: built-in docs for your programming language. Trigger any command, tag, specification with one shortcut!
7. Nice UI - I hope :).
...and many many many more awesome features will be announced :)
almost 2 years ago
beautiful ui imo! hope this ends up being built at some point i'd check it out for sure
where can I sign-up for news on launch'n stuff?
Like Jake, said: Hope this gets built. Everything about the design and features are neat, i just can't help but think that those tabs will look best: chrome browser style.
Some suggestions for your editor (I've noticed these things tend to be overlooked in different editors)
-Text-wrapping (no horizontal scrolling, all code is wrapped within the viewing area)
-FTP connections (login to FTP and view/edit files directly on the server)
-Availability on both Windows & OSX (I'm not switching to OSX just to develop code). It'd be nice to have a fantastic editor that works on both.
Super clean. Super nice. Super awesome.
Thanks a lot guys!
@Sordahl: temporairy no chance to sign for any newsletter. but stay tuned, will let you know :)
@Sultan: you are probably right about tabs. it still has a lot of details that should be rethink and done better.
@Axel: really good points. so let me answer in couple words:
1. text-wrapping - I actually prefer no wrapping, but there's of course option for switching between wrapping lines. almost every text editor has it
2. (S)FTP is already on todo list :)
3. Main idea for now is to have it on three platforms (?):
- Mac OS X
- iPad (of course simpler version. mostly for fixing some stuff during the travel or something :))
- Browser (probably only -webkit & -moz. and of course it's going to work only in cloud and for sure it will have some technology limitations)
4. Error checking - tricky part but it's an absolutely must.
Btw. I don't know if I understood you correctly, but it sounds like you haven't found any editor with features you listed, have you? Check out Sublime Text 2 - it's really good one and multiplatform.
Woah, I don't believe this is real man.
This is awesome! Is there a mailing list or something I can sign up for to know when this shit is live!
Mmmhh.. Focus mode! Nice.
Will there be something like a "Live View" window?
@simurai Check out LiveReload. In my opinion, it is way better than a 'Live View' button. You can even install a LiveReload package for Sublime Text 2.
@Joshua @simurai Once you’ve tried Espresso’s as-you-type live preview, LiveReload feels archaic and unnecessary.
What about SVN support?
@Marcus: maybe in future, but hey, GIT is waay better! ;)
I'll believe it when I see it, like many of these flashy prototype UIs for things that never get built. ;-)
Paweł, Will this actually be built?
WOW, Alert me when this software is available. great job
Finally I've found something that can replace my Super Notepad...
Any progress with project? I can't wait for it ;)
What Maciej said :)
Love the colour choices!
over 1 year ago
I love the code highlighting color scheme!
code highlighting is good idea
10 months ago
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter