Have had thoughts about a new logo for a long while. I never really get to it, since I was so tired of working for myself after finishing my portfolio re-design a couple of months ago.
This was an idea I threw together when I had some time to spare earlier this week and I've always had a thing for ram heads, so figured it might be worth a go.
So this is a work in progress and would really love to hear your input on it.
over 2 years ago
Love the Mark Emir.
Here's my input, if you like:
1. Loose the 'bulged' effect on the type. It looks like your 1st Corel Draw art.
2. The Mark is impressive, but I seriously think it's more or less similar to those first few ram heads in Google's image results.
3. To differentiate, I'd make its nose more prominent or stronger, but be carefull that the head doesn't look like your best friend when turned upside down.
Also, I'd personally work on the line-work a bit to strengthen its appearance by loosing some details and making the outlines thicker.
Nevertheless, I think you've got something going on here fellow ;p
Is there a G hidden in the ram's head shape..... Ahheeemmmmmm.... ;)
@Gert - There you are. Wanted to show this to you before I threw it up here, but I figured you were busy with work :)
Thanks a mill for all the feedback!
1. You're so right. First time I've bulged text on a logo and you have a good point there. I've seen cases where bulging has been used on logos ended up looking very good. But this is not one of them, hah.
2. Thanks. Yes, see what you mean there. To me, a headshot of a ram from the front always make me think of Dodge. I guess Dodge would never be dumb enough to put donkey-like ears on it like I did tho.
3. I was going for a way more simplified shape in the beginning, but I ended up filling it with way too much detail. Right now, too many parts are trying to get the attention. And el-oh-el on the upside down part :)
Sum up - back to the drawing board. I'm gonna keep working on the idea with a ram's head. But will probably just do a much simpler and stronger mark with clear shapes. Might add a bit of it's body to it as well. Suggestions are welcome :) Might go profile.
@Alen - hehe, nah. not at all ;)
Great work Emir!! I love it
@Mat - Cheers buddy!
by Emir Ayouni
Still playing around with ideas for my re-branding.
I'll probably go through a million ideas before I can decide.
This one was mostly for fun. Not really the kind of style I'm actually aiming for maybe, but could be cool to put on a t-shirt perhaps :)
over 2 years ago
Ok, so I'm gonna try to not overextend with shots on this rebranding, but here's a third option I've been working on.
Had loads of back and forth with Gert (huge thanks to him for lots of insight, great feedback and suggestions) on this and I am well aware that it has some flaws etc. But would still like to hear some more input from you guys and what you think could be tweaked and changed. If it's even worth proceeding with this idea at all?
Let me know your thoughts.
But anyway, the concept of this one is three elements.
• Handcrafted Design (Wrench)
• Digital (Mouse)
• Scientific Approach to Design (Atom)
You will find a larger version attached here.
I feel you r pain on this process bro! AS you know all to well what I am dealing with...lo! Great mark!
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter