Oak App Icon

1 Attachment

19 Responses

  1. Louie Mantia Louie Mantia

    Working with Caleb Thorson on a visual refresh of his app Oak.

    Check out how griddy it is!

    6 months ago

  2. Jeremy Swinnen Jeremy Swinnen

    This is brilliant!

    6 months ago

  3. Adrian Fahrbach Adrian Fahrbach

    I don't think that everyone will recognize this as a Pokédex :S
    I would go with a Pokéball.

    likes

    6 months ago

  4. Marco Moreno Marco Moreno

    @Louie Mantia It's obviously well executed but the identification with Pokemon may be lost a bit. I think your shapes and colors may need to be reworked. Just my initial impressions, I'm sure you've done your homework. Doesn't scream Pokeball: http://cl.ly/SB1u

    likes

    6 months ago

  5. Louie Mantia Louie Mantia

    likes

    6 months ago

  6. Coen van Hasselt Coen van Hasselt

    @Louie Mantia Nailed it!

    6 months ago

  7. Marco Moreno Marco Moreno

    @Louie Mantia hmm, definitely. I thought it was a transit app - hah! Keep trucking Mantia ;)

    6 months ago

  8. Trino Alvarez Trino Alvarez

    This is brilliant Louie, love the styling and it does look like the Pokedex. Beautiful icon. Great job.

    6 months ago

  9. Simon Gustavsson Simon Gustavsson

    Looking great.

    The dark blue circle is elegant, but I'd make it a tad darker to make it more distinguishable. Also, since you've got the inner shadow on the light blue and black part, a stronger outer shadow (around the white, I don't know if it's a shadow or just anti-aliasing) would perhaps look nice? It doesn't have to resemble the inset on the Pokédex, but I imagine something that's still subtle would look good.

    likes

    6 months ago

  10. Adrian Fahrbach Adrian Fahrbach

    @Louie Mantia The problem with the Pokedex is that (I guess) only about 10% of all Pokémon Players recognize this as a Pokédex. The other 90% percent think that this is some kind of a weird Pokéball.
    Without any doubt, it looks great and is perfect for every Pokémon freak, but I think this concept doesn't work well with the average Pokémon trainers out there.
    Edit: I haven't played X&Y yet, so I assume that the graphic doesn't appear frequently while playing.

    likes

    6 months ago

  11. Louie Mantia Louie Mantia

    @Adrian Fahrbach That's okay. You know what they'll recognize though? This icon, over time, just as every icon ever.

    likes

    6 months ago

  12. Sara Menefee Sara Menefee

    Knew it had something to do with Pokémon. Well done.

    likes

    6 months ago

  13. Louie Mantia Louie Mantia

    6 months ago

  14. see see

    cool!

    6 months ago

  15. Henri Liriani Henri Liriani

    dat grid. :P

    likes

    6 months ago

  16. Waly Kerkeboom Waly Kerkeboom

    I wouldn't worry about people not recognising it. Every X&Y player has opened the Pokedex at least once. They should be familiar with this look.

    6 months ago

  17. Christina Pham Christina Pham

    Love it! Instantly knew it was the X&Y pokedex. Although that's pretty much why the name "Oak" confused me. If it's the X&Y pokedex, wouldn't it be "Sycamore"?

    6 months ago

  18. Louie Mantia Louie Mantia

    @Christina Pham It's *ALL* the pokédexes! ^_^

    likes

    6 months ago

  19. Just finished with a visual refresh of the app Oak (including this app icon) with Caleb Thorson, which we just submitted to the App Store! Now we all wait patiently for the update to be approved. ^_^

    5 months ago

keyboard shortcuts: previous shot next shot L or F like