As some of you commented you were going to try gradient maps, just some tips:
- remember to use it with moderation (it can be as bad as too much alcohol)
- play with the colors and opacity to achieve different effects
- you can use a mask on the gradient to soften it in specific areas
- be careful when you use greens on people skin (they get a zombie-look). On the other hand cold colors can be great for landscapes.
- it can be used to unify color palettes (if you have used more colors than you wanted)
- you can use it on photographs too (the result can be a little instagram-ish)
about 2 years ago
Awesome. Thanks for taking the time.
So cool... I like the top right. Zombie skin.
I quite often use gradient maps to add some pep or depth, great tips!
Your first example reminded me of the X-Pro II filter in Instagram, that's why I liked it so much :-)
I hope your tutorial-styled shots catch onto other players...these are fantastic!
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter