Tweaked the tab tops and cleaned up the rule above the run button
almost 3 years ago
The subtle changes make all the difference.
For reals. That is what is so great about @dribbble and this community. The ability to get some insightful and meaningful input.
Looking even better. I think you could go a hair darker with the tab borders but thats nitpicking. Fun to watch it all come together!
Wow yes, what a big difference! Fantastic!
@Rick, gonna do that right now. @Josh thanks G.
I'm feeling in the mood to help a brother out. Here's my unabashed criticism in the form of what I would do if this was mine:
- generally, i try to pad boxes equally for balance
- increase padding here: http://grab.by/8LBG
- decrease padding here: http://grab.by/8LBM
- this padding looks pretty good: http://grab.by/8LBR
- I've found that the padding on buttons is best at a
ratio of about 5:9 or 4:7, in other words, more space
on the sides than on the top and bottom
- also, I've found that icons and type look much better
when they're the same height or close to it. So, I'd increase
the size of "Run" and apply more padding to the sides
of the buttons
- the gradient is a tiny bit harsh, I'd try making the top color
darker, OR the bottom color lighter, and choose one based
on whether I want the button to be more or less visible
- the position of the button seems a little arbitrary, I'd anchor
it to the left or right or center it fully
- I'd apply more padding to the sides of these guys, http://grab.by/8LCj, and I'd make sure to center the arrow icon
The check mark size is kind of nice in relation to it's containing box, I would match that with:
- a smaller dark circle in the radio button, and
- smaller plus/minus icons in the little squared buttons
- I'd apply more padding to the sides of the tabs too http://grab.by/8LCz for niceness
- I'd also center the type within them
wow @Morgan, thanks for taking the time to really give some deep analysis. I do appreciate it greatly.
agreed on the padding.
button does indeed probably need more LR padding and I'll see about shrinking the artifact, but i suspect your right that I"ll have to increase the font size.
Your a design pimp, but you know that :)
@Morgan, wow this is the most in depth feedback I've seen in a while..
I think you will not get any more post since, I think he pretty much covered it all. — do as morgan says!
No problem dude. You should assume that anything I didn't touch on is already flawless, like these chaps: http://grab.by/8LFm They're perfect.
some of the spacing and the button position is misleading because i can't show the full form width in 400x300 so I tried to cram all the elements I could into the shot to get maximum feedback.
I'm about to rebound this business, with many of your suggestions, as soon as I figure out what i'm doing with the lightning bolt mark. I've made it smaller, but i'm not sure i'm happy with it yet.
This really came out great man. :)
Barring any really awesome input, which is completely possible in this community, this could be the final revision. Please let me know what you think. Thank you to all you that helped me tune this bish into sweetness.
almost 3 years ago
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter