Let's help simplify the parking signs in Calgary. Rebound this. No dribbble? Email your file to stefan(at)vant.ca
Let's face it, the parking signs in Calgary suck. It's pretty fun to sit in the car with 3 of your smartest friends trying to figure out if you're allowed to park or not. It's not fun when you get a $350 ticket for parking your car2go in a taxi zone.
So instead of bitching, let's help the city redesign the signs. Pro bono.
• Days before hours. Identify the day, then worry about what time it is
• Reads like a sentence: No stopping Mon to Fri, 7 am…
• Words instead of symbols to reduce confusion. No stopping. No parking. Free. Paid.
• 9 instead of 9:00. 9 pm instead of 21:00. What's 24:00 btw?
• Group days when possible.
• Colours still visible from a distance even if not using iconography: green='i can park there' red=nope
Licensed under CC BY 2.5 CA . Based on this.
7 months ago
I like the initiative here.
I assume you've seen the Pentagram work for NYC:
Your solution and Pentagrams both put the days before the hours. Makes sense.
Personally, I find left alignment of text easier -- my eye "returns" to the right spot more comfortably.
I'll try and make a rebound on the weekend.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2013 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.
Follow Dribbble on Twitter